THE CIIA DIPLOMA
A Truly International Qualification
Certified International Investment Analyst CIIA®is an internationally recognised advanced professional qualification for individuals working in the finance and investment industry .
Each day the mandatory requirements from domestic and international regulators emphasize the role of certifications such as CIIA for professionals who want to develop a career in financial markets. This trend is especially true for young professional with moderate or no experience in the market. The CIIA certification will help you greatly to be able to work in this industry and raise your level as a financial executive.
Your Mark of Superior Knowledge and Skill
Essential skills and knowledge is required in the subject areas of:
- Equity Valuation and Analysis
- Fixed Income Valuation and Analysis
- Derivative Valuation and Analysis
- Corporate Finance
- Financial Accounting and Financial Statement Analysis
- Portfolio Management
Opening Doors to International Finance and Investment
Achieving the ACIIA holder status provides you with the recognition of a superior standard of applied knowledge that is essential for working in domestic and international investment markets.
CIIA is the passport you need as employers recognise the advantage of hiring mobile professionals with qualifications that will enable them to work in any international financial centre.
Better employment prospects
CIIA holders have a much higher employment rate than the sector mean, since they have greater and more valuable skills, knowledge and legal backing in their applications.
What makes the CIIA unique?
- Recognized in 34 countries and accepted by employers and international regulators.
- Combines an International applicable Common Knowledge Base with local regulations and market practices.
- International common exams prepared by experts from the ACIIA® members societies.
- Use of mother tongue: candidates have the option of studying and sitting for exams in 11 different languages (Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish).
- Supervision of the International Examination Committee (IEC) that ensures the strictness of the tests.
- Candidates can apply for admission to the CIIA exams through any participating national/regional society
- Exams can be taken in any country where an ACIIA member exists (additional exam centres are organised in London and New York)
- Two exam sessions per year for each level
- Students can enrol also for partial exams
- On-line and classroom training programs with the support of the National/Regional Societies.
- Ethical Code of professional behaviour
How to become a CIIA holder?
To be awarded the CIIA, candidates must pass two levels of Common Knowledge Exams, a National Regional Exams and proof experience working in domain of financial analysis, portfolio management, and/or financial services in general.
The Common Knowledge Exams are divided into two levels, the Foundation and Final Level. The Foundation Level may be replaced by an ACIIA accredited program.
You will need to:
- Apply to be admitted for the exams through a participating national/regional society
- Pass all the exams
- Have three years’ experience working in the domain of financial analysis, portfolio management and/or investment in general
- Hold membership of a participating national/regional society