ACIIA Council Meeting / Extraordinary General Meeting held in Buenos Aires, Argentina, 29 & 30 November 2018
Upon invitation of the Instituto Argentino de Ejecutivos de Finanzas (IAEF), the ACIIA Council Meeting / Extraordinary General Meeting was held on 29 and 30 November 2018 in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Major discussion topics were:
- Procedures to introduce new topics to the CIIA Syllabus such as ESG and behavioural finance
- Availability of new CIIA e-learning products starting in 2019 (only for ILPIP member societies)
- Incorporation of a new ACIIA member society in Russia: National Association of Certified Analysts (NACA)
- Recognition of the CIIA brand by regulators
Following the CM/EGM, short messages of ACIIA Council Members were videotaped to address:
- How does the CIIA compare to other postgraduate qualifications in the industry?
- How will it benefit (advance) my career?
- How is the CIIA diploma achieved?
- What assurance do we have that the examinations are of a high and competitive standards?
The messages are available on the ACIIA website: https://www.aciia.org/aciia-q-a.html
On 29 November 2018, a meeting with CIIA holders in Argentina was held to exchange views on the topics related to CIIA, attended by ACIIA Council Members: Dr. Maehara (Chairman), Mr. Bellon, (Deputy Chairman),Dr. Elespe (IAEF Argentina) and Dr. Zaballos (IEAF Spain). The video of the presentation by ACIIA Chairman at the meeting is available on the ACIIA website: https://www.aciia.org/events/videos.html
The next Council Meeting / Annual General Meeting will be held in Madrid on 26 June 2019, upon kind invitation of the Spanish society IEAF. On the day prior to the Meeting, 25 June, the Forum for ACIIA Members will be held in the same venue.